With a Mediterranean climate and a picturesque coastline, as well as red-tiled rooftops, high-end restaurants and charming boutiques, Santa Barbara finds itself among the world’s most enchanting small cities.
- Population of about 90,000 people
- Represented by zip codes 93101, 93103, 93105 and 93109
- Divided into East and West halves by State Street, the most populated portion of the city
- Home to the Santa Barbara Mission, the tenth of the California Missions to be founded by Spanish Franciscans on December 4, 1786
- Ranks in the nation’s top 20 counties for bicycle commuters with nearly 5,000 residents commuting to work by bicycle
- Four of the eight Channel Islands are visible from town: Anacapa, San Miguel, Santa Cruz and Santa Rosa